Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Social Newtwork

I just went to the the new movie "The Social Network". It's the David Fincher/Alan Sorkin pairing based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.

The movie was well acted, and did a pretty good job paying homage to the techie crowd, dropping terms like wget as well as references to perl scripts and mysql.

I haven't read the book (I have it on my nook), but I can say tat the general outline of the story paints a less than flattering picture of Mark Zuckerberg, played by Jesse Eisenberg. Whether or not the story played out as it appears in the movie may never be known. As for the characters themselves, I'm sure some artistic license was taken.

At the end, I'm not quite sure whether I like Mark Zuckerbergs character or feel sorry for him. Obviously, there is some truth to the story regarding the lawsuits et cetera, but I find it hard to believe that anyone is truly that removed from the rest of the world. My wife and I both gave this movie two thumbs up!

Casting : A

Plotline: A-

Dialogue: A


Update: Apparently Facebook took their staff to see the movie too. Story here.

No comments: