Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bike Rage

Is there really such a thing? I certainly feel like it when a car cuts me off on a ride. To add insult to (near)injury, as they drive past, I can see someone who doesn't look old enough to drive. To say that they looked like a reject from MTV's "Super Sweet 16" is beink kind. As she was texting furiously to her pals, I felt like screaming. It's not like it would have helped. I doubt she would have picked up her head long enough to see who was yelling.
At first, I thought it was my chosen route, since I pass at least 4 schools. But then I noticed that adults are doing it too(isn't everyone doing it?). Nevermind that NY is a hands free state...What bizarre universe do we live in where adults drive around sending text messages like a bunch of teens hopped up on a sugar high? Apparently this is an issue in a lot of places, click here to see an article in the Christian Science Monitor about the increasing number of states considering a ban on driving and texting.

No comments: