Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day Two

Alrighty then. We're on day two of getting this thing up and rolling You would think it was a snap for me since I work in the IT industry, but apparently not. I should have known by this morning's ride that it was going to be a long day. I rolled out at 7:30 for a quick 20 mile blast and it was already creeping up on 80 and humid. When I say "quick" I should probably clarify: "Quick" for me is averaging 15-17 mph (including all required stops for traffic lights etc.). I know it's not that fast...please don't stop visiting my blog. Pretty Please? Truthfully, if I were that fast I'd most likely still be on my bike instead of blogging about it.
I'm starting to ramble and almost forgot the "bad" part of the ride. Why are people in cars so clueless on how to act around bicycles? Click here to read about the rise in incidents between drivers and riders. I can't tell you how many drivers I see texting and talking. Mind you, it's illegal here. I even saw a young girl texting and driving as she drove past a cop on my ride yesterday afternoon. He was directing traffic and she went right by....probably texting about the Jonas Brothers on the Teen Choice awards or some nonsense. Grrr

No comments: