Sunday, June 26, 2011

Docks

If you're anything like me, I've had Mac dock envy for ages. Then, my Dell came pre-loaded with the "Dell Dock". It didn't really have the same feature set as a Mac dock, but it was a fairly elegant way to organize your desktop.






The Dell Dock doesn't have all of the functionality offered by the taskbar (some would argue that the Mac's dock doesn't either), but I don't think it really needs to.

As for how the Taskbar stacks up against the Mac dock, I don't use a Mac enough to see enough of a difference to complain about. The biggest drawback with the Dell Dock is that it can only be installed on a Dell (duh). Not good news for my HP PC.

That being said, I finally found a free solution that I like as much as the Dell Dock...Rocketdock. With the addition the stacks docklet, it's almost identical to the Dell Dock. It may be a little bit of a pain to set up, but it meets my criteria (free and offering the same functionality as Dell Dock).The dock and info for the stacks docklet can be found here.


No comments: